Apr 15, 2009

Dear Henry,

If ever there was a time I wish babies could talk it would be now. I'd want you to tell me why you cry a lot, and if you're hurting. Is it the reflux, buddy? Or do you get sad when mommy leaves the room. Because you sure are happy as long as I'm holding you. I can't figure you out, Henry. You don't really look like your brother and sister, and you certainly don't act like they did. You were cut from a different mold! But, you sure are cute. And I especially love that you're starting to laugh at me, and I just about melted into a puddle the other day when I saw you sucking your thumb. None of my other ones did that. The doctor said you must be some kind of baby, and super laid back. She said she's never seen a baby with your reflux symptoms who doesn't cry day and night. I can't complain because you're a great sleeper! I just wish I knew what was bothering you during the day. I'm more attached to you than I was your big brother and sister. Maybe it's all of your "issues." Or maybe because our relationship got off to a rocky start. Either way, I'm going to be real protective of you, so get used to it. I love you, baby Henry.





5 comments:

The Zevacs said...

kat maxey, you made me cry. that's not too hard these days is it? :)

if you ever figure him out, let me know...you know i'm still trying to figure out mine.

Lauren said...

Henry is so CUTE!!!

Ben and Bethany said...

that was the sweetest post.

i know you're not much into "high needs baby" thinking but it sure sounds like he might be one...I really enjoyed reading this when Jackson was little bc he was just like that!

Take it if you want or toss it to the curb ;) you've been so helpful to me, I just want to offer something that might be helpful :)

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/5/T050200.asp

Nicole Jennings said...

Adorable

ejm said...

oh how sweet. i'm crying...he's adorable!