Nov 17, 2007

early morning

We've been up since 5:30 this morning with our girl. Annely Blake has a cold. And an ear infection. And she's cutting a tooth. And she got five shots on Wednesday. Somehow I managed to get her back to sleep while snuggling on the couch in the wee hours. I know I shouldn't complain. I have many friends whose kids have never been great sleepers. Unfortunately our oldest is Will. AKA "the best sleeper any one's ever seen." AKA "slept through the night at six weeks." AKA "has only woken up four times since then." (Did I mention he's almost three?) Yeah.... so it's like the kiss of death. No one will ever be as good a sleeper as he has been.
*sigh*

3 comments:

The Zevacs said...

imagine your early morning plus about 19 months. welcome. :)

love you guys. hope she gets to feeling better soon.

ejm said...

I'm so sad. Charlie is a Will. I wish that I had somewhere to go other than DOWN with this next kid...

ejm said...

RYC: I used these instructions for making a stocking:
http://sewing.about.com/od/holidaysewingprojects/ss/xmasstocking.htm

BUT I did not use the pattern they provided. I used it for a test stocking and found it to be way too small. So I used a pattern from a Christmas projects book I had on hand.

Other than that, these instructions are good except that they don't include instructions on adding the loop used to hang the stocking. So I just looked at some old stockings and made it up as I went along. :)