Nov 7, 2008

Sewing Storm

My latest creation for Annely Blake. I really took my time on this one and focused more on "quality" versus "getting it done fast." (For those who don't know me well, let's just say I don't have a whole lot of patience :)) If the finish line is in site I'm usually in a race with myself to get there. It's all about completing the task for me. So, anyways, I really pushed myself this time to slow down and be a little more precise in my cutting, pinning, and sewing. I think it paid off. I'm overall very please with the results. This pattern was one of the more difficult ones I've done and I also sewed my first zipper (not as hard as I thought), used interfacing for the first time and did more difficult tucks and gathers. I'm not sure if it's the cut of the dress, or the color fabric but Annely Blake looks like a little prairie girl in it :) I'll have to post some more pics when I actually have her in it. Since taking these I also added some ribbon trim to the sleeves, and tacked the collar down since it was sticking up when she wore it. Also, just so you know, in the second picture it looks like the left sleeve is a whole lot bigger than the right...not so. It's just the way the camera took the picture- I promise, they're even!

back view front view.... (only thing I'd do different next time is choose lining fabric that wasn't white :)


6 comments:

The Zevacs said...

so impressed kat. it looks great! i would be so much more motivated to sew if i could have a girl! saw tons of cute fabrics at hobby lobby this week...made me want to sew lots of dresses!

beck'sthree said...

Okay, you guys are hired. Matt can build us something, and you can sew. You've already outnumbered mine and David's skills by 2!

Poppy and kk said...

looks great Katherine. You're wonderful and she'll look like a little prairie princess...luv mom

Poppy and kk said...

Great Katherine!! You're taking after Gan-Gan - she was quite a seamstress.......little prairie Annely Blake....can't wait to see her in it :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! What pattern did you use? Davina

ejm said...

Wow. That is *really* impressive!