May 28, 2008

Summer Begins

Well, not officially, but around here it has. End of school means start of summer when a pre-schooler is involved. I've been thinking of everything possible to do to get out of the house and keep my kiddos occupied. Library, museum, park, pool, Publix. Publix? Yes...desperate times call for desperate measures. I am that weird woman who looks forward to going to Publix to push my kids in the oh-so-friendly "car" cart while Will chomps on a cookie and I stroll the cool air-conditioned ailes. Even if I don't have to actually buy anything. Today I just knew if I spent one more second cooped up in the house with my two I was going to scream. So I got the bright idea to head downtown to the River Walk and take along Will's best bud, Luke. Who cares that the humidity was 900%? And it was close to 90. Will and Luke had a good time and burned off steam (literally) before dinner. Tomorrow it's off to the pool, then another play date on Friday morning. See? I wasn't kidding.....we're looking for anything to do.



Sharing a word...

This is what you get when you ask them to smile...
Checking out a lizard...

Annely Blake didn't do too much.
View of the new shiny Synovus building from the river


Part of an old mill on the river....

Look, Luke, a rock!






2 comments:

The Zevacs said...

Love those pictures..except for that awkward one with me in the corner. :)

Maybe that's a better morning activity we'll keep in mind...so it's not quite so steamy.

glad we joined you.

Ben and Bethany said...

that first picture of them sharing a secret is the best!