Jul 26, 2007

boys

No one warned me about having boys. I guess the same people who decided not to issue Parenting for Dummies to all new parents leaving the hospital also thought it wasn't important to tell those who didn't grow up with brothers how much energy little boys can have. Will is in constant motion, flitting from one thing to another and never playing with something for more than two minutes. These first two pics were taken from inside the house as Will was playing outside after I locked him out. Cruel? I think not! Only way I can get things done sometimes, and besides, it was only for ten minutes!!


Will's new move. I think he invented it for Annely Blake's enjoyment. Or as he affectionately refers to her now: air-brake. When corrected- "Will, it's Annely Blake,"- "oh, Annely air-brake." Air-brake it is. And for the new move: I think it might be better than Monkey Joes!











4 comments:

Jawan said...

Air-brake...that's funny. My youngest son just found out how to take the fluff out of the couch cushions. My oldest son is trying to "be in charge" and tell him what not to do. What a battle.

The Zevacs said...

Kat, I am right there with you. This morning Luke went from playing in the bathroom with the electrical outlets (while i was TRYING to dry my hair) to pulling out china from the china cabinet to hiding behind and almost pulling down the curtains in the living room to yanking things out of the refirgerator. These things occur in a matter of 5-10 minutes. I'm exhausted! Let's let the boys play together more often...we're happy, they're happy. :)

Sarah

Emily said...

so funny...jason's mom used to tell me about how she would lock them out sometimes, and I thought..."I will never..."BUT that was definitely before I had kids!!! it seems like I had it all figured out until the kids actually came along!

ejm said...

I'm totally with you on this one! Charlie is insane tries HARD to kill himself daily. My mom (with 3 of each) says boys are MUCH harder, hands down. I'm reading Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson right now and it has brought me much comfort so far - I'm not losing it! You should check it out. :)